The other day he came across a great recipe and he ran it by his movie group. Everyone loved his Chicken and Napa Cabbage Salad! I was curious, and eventually I got a newspaper article with this recipe (not sure which one it was otherwise I would credit it) and a almost full bottle of sesame oil. Thank you Pappa Robin!
My husband loves Chinese Chicken Salad, and I was going to spoil him a little bit (as if he is not spoilt enough) and make him this Chicken and Napa Cabbage Salad for dinner (followed by some other food, of course). All I can tell you it was a success! Easy to make, colorful and very delicious. The ingredient are pretty basic but it is the sesame oil based dressing that makes a difference. And it is a Weight Watchers recipe too! Here you go:
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 5 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 2 cups shredded cooked skinless chicken beasts
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 scallions thinly sliced on diagonal
- Whisk together lime juice, sesame oil, salt and black pepper in large serving bowl
- Add cabbage, chicken, carrots, bell pepper and scallions and toss to coat.
Serve immediately and enjoy!