This is a Guest post by Janet Becker.
Everybody has dreamed at least once to sit in a premium restaurant with a glass of fine wine and a stunning view of the Mediterranean Sea, with that blue that cuts your breath away. And where to go when you want to get all these?
Think about Italy! You have probably joked at least once with friends acting like Italians, with their unmistakable accent and with their large arm movements. But Italy is not only about friendly people, summer perfume and beautiful views.
Italy is also about FOOD. Great food, taste and diversity. We have Italian restaurants all over the world and the Italian cuisine is one of the most famous in the world. Then it's obvious that you must taste it there, where it all started from. So here we have some tips that will lead you to the world of Italian tastes.
Go to Naples for Pizza
- Known as the city of pizza, Napoli is the third city of Italy, after Milan and Rome. In 2004 a document was released with the original recipe of Neapolitan pizza.
- The best pizza in Naples can sometimes be found in small restaurants that don’t allow a reservation. One of the best options is Pizzaiolo del Presidente. Situated in the center of Naples, the restaurant has its name from a funny story. After Bill Clinton ate there and rated the pizza as the best he had ever eaten, the boss renamed it Pizzaiolo del Presitente (The president’s pizza).
- Another great option is pizzeria Da Michele, on Via Sersale 13. Here you can taste the famous Pizza Margherita or the delicious Pizza Quattro Stagioni, which means four seasons.
Venice for Fish and Sea Food
- If you want a genuine seafood experience, you must go to the most famous fish market in Italy. Situated in Venice, Rialto Market offers you a large range of fresh fish and seafood. The food can be cooked in front of you and, as a tip, fresh seafood and home-made Italian pasta make the best combination.
- Another good option is Ristorante Marco Polo, situated in the touristic center of Venice. The restaurant offers quality service and cozy atmosphere, along with the best seafood and fish specialties, which makes it perfect for a great and authentic Italian experience.
Milan for Pasta
- As a reward for its special cuisine, Milan has several world-known restaurants. One of them in Antica Osteria della Lanterna, an authentic place situated in the center of Milan. Here you can enjoy the best home-made pasta in Milan, with genuine Italian decorations and served by a local gentile woman.
- Another great place is the Pastamadre Restaurant, meaning Mother of Pasta. This cozy place is situated on Via Bernadino Corio 8 and, of course, the main dish is pasta. Whether you want the well-known Carbonara or you prefer something that you’ve never heard about, this is one of the best places in Milan to try it and you surely won’t be disappointed.
So, if you decided to go there for a culinary experience, you should prepare your luggage and your passport. You should know that there are no special visa requirements for Italy, unlike for US, where you need an ESTA approval to travel, so you are free to go to Italy and enjoy your holiday. Buon appetito!