My journey through Mexican food continues. After making tacos I decided to try and make fajitas. Actually, I prefer soft tacos to crunchy ones so the idea of using nice soft tortillas sounded good to me.
Chicken is one of our all time favorites so I decided to make chicken fajitas. The only question was how to prepare chicken. I am trying to avoid fried stuff, and boiled chicken sounds dull and reminds me of plain soup at elementary school. Roasting sounded just perfect.
What I like about tacos and fajitas, is that you can be very flexible about it adding any ingredients you want. To me it means: add whatever you have in your fridge. Simple, fast and perfect for busy weekday nights. Plus, no fried stuff and no preservatives make it pretty healthy.
Oven-roasted chicken fajitas
Ingredients (make 4):
- 4 tortillas
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 avocados (chopped)
- 1/4 onion bulb (chopped)
- 1 cup cheese (grated)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Place chicken thights on a greased pan, sprinke with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for some 20 min or until ready.
- Let them rest and cool down, then peel off skin and separate from bones.
- Warm up tortillas in the preheated oven for some 5 minutes - make sure they don’t start burning or becoming crunchy.
- Place tortillas on a plate and fill in with chicken, chopped vegetables and cheese. Top with hot sauce. Cover with one side of tortilla and serve hot. Enjoy!