With Thanksgiving just round the corner and pumpkin being in season it is a great time to enjoy the variety of dishes you can make using this wonderful ingredient. Today I want to share one of my all time favorites: it is easy and fast recipe that allows you to make it in volume practically in no time - just perfect for throwing a party or having all your big family over for Thanksgiving.
The original recipe is called ‘pumpkin envelopes’ but in fact it is a small individual-size covered pie.
Pumpkin ‘envelope’ pies
Ingredients (make app. 8):
- 1 lb (500g) pumpkin
- 10.5 oz (300 g) all-purpose flour
- 3.5 oz (100 g) butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 garlic gloves
- 1 cup water
- salt, pepper
- Beat up the eggs, add half of the melter butter, flour and salt. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water water and make dough (it should be stiff).
- Grate pumpkin.
- Mince garlic.
- Mix grated pumpkin, minced garlic, salt, pepper and the rest of the butter.
- Roll out the dough and cut circles of a tea cup plate size.
- Place app. 2 tbs of pumkin stuffing in the middle of each dough circle and cover like an envelope. Make sure the ends fixed well.
- Place on a greased tray and cover with beaten up eggs.
- Bake at 350F (180C) for 15-20 min.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Happy Holiday Season!