This is a guest post by Alia Haley.
Everyone looks for easy recipes that do not require spending hours slaving away in the kitchen. If you are back home after a hectic day at work, the last thing you want to do is spend more time working again preparing a meal. The crispy corn flake crusted baked chicken comes in handy in situations like that. This is a delicious, easy to make dinner recipe even the pickiest of eaters will adore. The best part is that it is a healthier version to the fried chicken and since it is coated with a crunchy corn flake crust, the kids would love biting into them and maybe even help preparing the dish. With a few basic ingredients, you can put together this amazing dish for your lovely little family. Here’s how to go about it:
Estimated time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 3 table spoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 pounds bone in chicken pieces, preferably breasts, wings, thighs and drumsticks
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sealable plastic bag
- Baking tray
- Shallow bowl
- Parchment paper
1. Pour in the cornflakes into a large sealable plastic bag. Seal it and using a rolling pin crush the cereal to small bits.
2. Open the bag and then add the remaining items – flour, paprika, onion powder, sage and salt and pepper. Reseal and shake well to mix the ingredients all together.
3. Into a shallow bowl, break the egg and whisk it gently. Pour the milk and mix along with the egg.
4. Meanwhile, clean the chicken pieces and pat them dry using a kitchen towel.
5. Take one piece of chicken, dip it in the milk-egg mix till all of it is covered and then drop into the bag of cornflake mix. Shake well until the chicken is entirely coated in the mix and then place skin up on to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Continue the process till all the chicken pieces have been used up.